John C. Gott, P.E.
Assisting clients to prepare registrations and permit packages and to help navigate the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) regulatory process to obtain air authorization for the client’s emissions and facilities.
Licensed professional engineer since 1994 (Texas License No. 74451) with over 30 years of experience in evaluating applications for air authorization for all industries in Texas to include supervision of Permit by Rule (PBR) Section.
Strategic Environmental Compliance (September 2019 to Present)
Evaluating air, water and waste regulatory issues and seeking TCEQ authorizations as appropriate to satisfy client needs.
Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (1989 – 2019)
Extensive experience in regulatory compliance with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and predecessor agencies regulating the oil & gas, chemical/petro-chemical, energy, waste, landfill and utility industries in environmental regulatory compliance including statutory and regulatory interpretation issues.
Mr. Gott has reviewed over 5000 state and/or federal air permit applications, standard air permits, PBR registrations, and certifications (i.e. projects) for technical completeness in defining all sources of air contaminants, correctness and accuracy of the air emission estimates and appropriate federal and state requirements concerning air emission control technology. As part of this process, he prepared final packages including comprehensive technical reviews.
Mr. Gott evaluated the air portion of hazardous waste Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Facilities under the Texas One Stop permitting RCRA Program. Some of the RCRA diverse actions were for:
- Hazardous waste incinerators;
- Supercritical water oxidation units;
- Hazardous waste injections wells;
- Plasma arc incinerators; and
- Rocket and Missile Test Firing Facilities.
During his service at the TCEQ, Mr. Gott has evaluated air emissions for:
- NSR permits;
- NSR renewals;
- NSR amendments;
- NSR revisions;
- Standard Permits;
- Permit by Rule (PBR);
- Standard Exemptions;
- Federal Prevention of Deterioration (PSD) Permits;
- Federal Title V Permits;
- Worked for approximately 6 years in getting the Oil and Gas Non-Rule
- PBR and Standard Permit approved;
- Served as an air expert and speaker during public hearings & meetings;
- Became the technical specialist and manager on an as needed basis.
Asbestos Control Consultants (1987 – 1989)
Inspector for schools and building for asbestos containing materials. He was responsible for taking air samples during remediation work and licensed as a polarized light microscope evaluator to interpret air samples taken. He supervised the clean-up crews for:
- Proper isolation of the work area;
- Environmental suit dress out; and
- Asbestos removal work.
- BS-Chemical Engineering; University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- BS-Petroleum Engineering; Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
- MS-Environmental Engineering; University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- MS-Business Management; Troy State University, Troy, Alabama
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- NACT #221 Course Continuous Emission Monitoring.
- NACT #271 Course- Stationary Reciprocating Engines.
- NACT #272 Course – Stationary Gas Turbines and Power Plants.
- ProMax Level I Course –Air Emissions.
- CenSARA 110 Course- Drilling Rig Operations.
- CenSARA 110b OOOO Regulations Course.
- CenSARA Quad O Regulation Workshop.
- CenSARA Intermediate Permitting Course.
- TCEQ Records Management Presentation Course.
- Tank E & P software training.
- Ground Water Monitoring Course.
- Determining Emissions from Storage Tanks Guidance and Updates for TCEQ Emission Inventory Training.
- Emissions from Heated #6 Fuel Oil and Asphalt Tanks Training.
- PER and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)-Emerging Contaminants Presentation.
- Numerous Air Modeling Training Courses.
- Photonics VISR Flare Monitoring & Flare Efficiency Monitoring.
- IR Camera Quantifications, Leak Detectors, Upstream Pressure Assisted Flares & Vapor Recovery.
- Water and wastewater plants.
Texas Board of Professional Engineers; Texas P.E. Texas License No. 74451.