Regulatory Compliance Professionals.
“The mission of Strategic Environmental Compliance (SEC) is to provide corporations and companies better, faster, simpler and more economical approaches for all areas of regulatory compliance.”
M.L. Faulkner, President & CEO
Strategic Environmental Compliance (SEC) provides conventional and non-conventional environmental services such as environmental air, water and waste permitting, environmental site assessments, due diligence assessments and multi-media compliance audits. SEC also provides an Environmental Management System (EMS) Development Program including a comprehensive qualitative waste stream analysis of all or some of the main process components. Further, SEC can also provide abbreviated or truncated multi-media compliance audits called a SEC Environmental Compliance Evaluation (ECEcopyright) at about half of the cost of a multi-media compliance audit. In so doing, SEC evaluates high regulatory risk exposure areas and prioritizes those relative to the remaining regulatory areas as a function of regulatory compliance risk.
The main differentiator between SEC and other environmental consulting companies is that all SEC professional staff have a minimum of twenty (20) years of experience in their area of expertise. SEC does not train our professionals on your project!!!
All we need from you, is the objective, the file and the deadline for your project.
58 S.Trace Creek Dr., The Woodlands, TX 77381
Phone / Fax
Strategies for a Changing Regulatory Environment
Conventional Environmental Services
- Provide Federal, State & local air, water & hazardous waste permitting for the energy, chemical and petro-chemical and power industries to include on-shore and off-shore oil & gas exploration & production operations
- Perform Air Quality Dispersion Modeling to include short term & long term with or without meteorological data.
- Conduct Environmental Site Assessments (ESA)
- Perform Due Diligence Assessments for mergers and acquisitions for the energy industry
- Perform Multi-Media Compliance Audits
- Perform SEC Environmental Compliance Evaluations (ECEcopyright)
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Management Systems
- Develop & Implement Paperless Automated EH&S Regulatory Compliance Management Systems called “Strategic Compliance System” (SCS) (patent pending)
Perform Strategic Environmental Management (SEM) services
- Integrates environmental management with process production, reduced waste streams, increased production output and provides technical and regulatory guidance for Sustainable Economic Growth
- Minimizes air, water & solid waste streams, improved operational efficiency and reduces operational costs
Environmental Management System (EMS) Development Programs
- To include comprehensive qualitative waste stream analysis of all or some main process components
SEC Environmental Compliance Evaluation (ECEcopyright)
- Abbreviated or truncated multi-media compliance audits which evaluates relative regulatory risk for all compliance areas.
Project Management and Out-Sourcing
Clients have included:
- Asea Brown Boveri (ABB)
- Dynegy Corporation
- El Paso Energy Corporation
- Albemarle Corporation
- Delta Power Company
- Ponderosa Pine Energy Partners
- Gregory Power Partners
- Williams Energy Services
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Exxon/Mobil Corporation
- Chevron Corporation
- Eagle Rock Energy
- Ceritas Energy, LLC
- Navidad Resources, LLC
- Costar Permian, LLC
- Repsol E&P, USA
- Finley Resources, Inc.
- Texas Westmoreland Coal Company
- GeoSouthern Energy Corporation
Projects have included:
- Performing third party waste & compliance audits for oil & gas industry
- Completed third party federal & TCEQ air media audit for cogeneration power plants
- Completed & submitted PBRs & Standard Permits w/ air quality analysis for oil & gas operations
- Completed Due Diligence Assessment for pipeline and gathering systems in Louisiana
- Completed third party multi-media federal & TCEQ environmental audit for power plant
- Completed & submitted 2 TCEQ air permit applications that integrated over 60 chemical batch processes
- Completed 400 E&P environmental, health & safety audits as Lead Environmental Auditor within five months, one month ahead of schedule
- Opened two major areas for oil & gas exploration on the North Slope of Alaska
- Completed and received approval from the TCEQ for a major natural gas plant operation in the Permian Basin in one (1) day
- Completed a Phase 1 EMS Program for an above ground coal operation in central Texas
- Completed a Phase1 through Phase 5 EMS Program for an Up-stream E&P company
The SEC Team
M.L. Faulkner B.A., M.S., CEP
President & CEO
Mr. Faulkner holds under-graduate degrees in Biology and Chemistry with post graduate study in Meteorology. He holds a Masters Degree in Environmental Science and Engineering and attended law school for three years and is a member of The Academy of Board Certified Environmental Professionals (CEP) since 2005.
Mr. Faulkner began his career with Phillips Petroleum Company as an air environmental engineer in air permitting and air dispersion modeling for refineries, petro-chemical facilities and exploration & production of oil & natural gas operations. Mr. Faulkner is a certified meteorologist and is able to better apply site specific topographical and meteorological conditions with air modeling protocols as they apply to air permitting requirements. Since his work with Phillips Petroleum, Mr. Faulkner has held positions with Arizona Public Service Company, Enron Corporation and consulting in the areas of environmental air, water & waste programs, groundwater and hazardous waste permitting and legislative and regulatory review. Mr. Faulkner was extensively involved with the federal Title V operating permit programs for 20 states while with Enron Corporation to include the accidental release and the enhanced monitoring (Compliance Assurance Monitoring) programs.
In 1995, Mr. Faulkner established his own company, Strategic Environmental Compliance (SEC) in The Woodlands, Texas. He has consulted in the areas of environmental air, water & waste programs, health and safety programs, multi-media compliance auditing, federal and state air, water and hazardous waste permitting to include air quality modeling, and Strategic Environmental Management (SEM). In 1999, Mr. Faulkner developed and applied for the U.S. Patent for the Strategic Compliance System (SCS™) (patent pending) for corporate EH&S compliance programs.
Mr. Faulkner has served on the following environmental associations:
- Gulf Coast Environmental Affairs Group
- Greater Houston Partnersh
- The Forum Club of Houston
- Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Committee of the Gas Processors Association
- Water Quality Advisory Council/Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- Hazardous Waste Society of Arizona
- Texas Hazardous Waste Association
- Society of American Military Engineers
- Air and Waste Management Association
- The Academy of Board Certified Environmental Professionals
Presently, Mr. Faulkner continues to operate SEC from The Woodlands, Texas, approximately 30 miles north of Houston, Texas.
Safety, Health & Quality (SHQ) Services
A Systems Approach – At SEC, our Mission Statement is to provide corporations and companies better, faster, simpler and more economical approaches for all areas of regulatory compliance. In other words, we use a more common sense and pragmatic approach to compliance. The end result is to determine the cause and effect systematically. A “Quality Management System” provides this result and prevents the reoccurrence of noncompliance in all areas of regulation with OSHA, DOT, Coast Guard, MMS, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
This allows management and workers to proactively recognize, evaluate and control SHQ issues before they become a significant company risk and in turn a financial liability. This approach encompasses the Continuous Improvement philosophy popular with most corporations today.
SEC’s experienced and qualified professionals will develop written programs, which are site specific and mutually agreed on by the client. Once implemented and communicated, required training can be conducted to ensure that employees are aware of the program’s contents and regulatory requirements. Audits and reviews can then be conducted to verify the implementation and effectiveness of the program.
Safety, Health & Quality – Customized training and miscellaneous services currently available to our clients include the following:
- Ergonomics (including office and home)
- Hazard Communication (HazCom)
- HAZWOPER – 40 / 24 Hour and 8 hour Refresher
- PPE Hazard Assessments
- Respiratory Protection
- First Aid / CPR & Bloodborne Pathogens
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Fall Protection
- Lock Out / Tag Out
- Contractor Safety Management
- Employee Orientation
- DOT Compliance Training (HazMat, Logs, Hrs. of Service)
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Emergency Response
- Personal Security
- Driver Training and Fleet Safety
- Fire Fighting and Prevention
- Total Quality Management
- Fork Lift Truck Driver
- Any Other OSHA, DOT, EPA or Client Required Training
In short, SEC can provide and solve all of your safety and health requirements in the most cost effective manner by some of the most experienced professionals in the field at half the cost of most consulting firms.